The shooting is a smooth sphere, totally free of indentations. Generally they are made of brass, stainless steel or iron, but shot used indoors may be a ball of artificial material filled through weights.
You are watching: Shot put ball weight high school
|Boys under 12||6 pounds|
|Boys 13-14||4 kilograms|
|Girls v junior high||2.72 kg (6 pounds)|
|Men, high school||12 pounds|
|Women, high college through age 49||4 kilograms||95-110 mm. For indoor meets, the NCAA permits shot as huge as 130 mm|
|Men, university through age 49||7.26 kg (16 pounds)||110-130 mm. Because that indoor meets, the NCAA permits shot as large as 145mm|
|Women age 50 and above||3 kilograms|
|Men, eras 50 -59||6 kilograms|
|Special Olympics||3 pounds|
The athlete throws indigenous a circular area at the very same level as the floor on i m sorry the shot will certainly land. Roughly the one area is a raised throwing pad. The size of a throw is measured native the sheet nearest to the throwing circle that the first indentation make by the shot, come the “inside leaf of the stopboard nearest together mark.”
The 100-mm elevation of the stopboard is measured from the floor of the cram circle, no from the optimal of the cram pad.
The seven-foot diameter that the cram circle dates from 1904, a duration when English-speaking nations were active in the renewal of Olympic sports. Its conversion come 2.135 meters rather of an even 2, 2.5 or 3 meters, illustrates why metric counter in sporting activities is virtually always a “soft conversion.” Enlarging or shrinking the cram circle would have actually made comparison through previous records doubtful.
Before about 2004, the sector angle was 40 degrees. Apparently it was adjusted to 34.92° to do it possible to lay the end the ar lines and also check their accuracy with just some cord and also a ice cream measure; no transit or protractor necessary. Uneven the diameter the the circle or the size of the angle, this procedure go make use of whole numbers.
1. Big a cord native the center of the throw circle to create whereyou want one next of the ar angle.
2. Through a tape measure, measure follow me the cord starting at the center of the cram circle. For convenience, the distance measured must be a multiple of 5. The systems don"t matter; meters, yards or feet will certainly all work. Longer ranges are most likely to lead to more accurate results. Speak to the point on the cord you measure up to X.
See more: How Long Does A Misdemeanor Stay On Your Record In Nebraska, How Does Nebraska Expungement Work
3. With the zero allude of the tape measure up still in ~ the facility of the throwing circle, swing the ice around and also temporarily note a curve around where you mean the other side of the sector angle will be.
4. Location the zero end of the tape measure up at allude X. Discover the allude on the tape the represents 3/5 that the street in action 2 (if friend measured 20 yards in step 2, take it 20 time 3/5 = 12 yards). Waver the tape around allude X until the 3/5 suggest falls on the arc do in action 3. Contact this allude Y.
4. Stretch a cord indigenous the facility of the cram circle through point Y. This is the other side the the ar angle.
home | sports index | search | contact